Estatísticas e Cartel
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Precisão de striking
- Golpes Sig. Conectados
- Golpes Sig. Desferidos
Precisão De Quedas
- Quedas aplicadas
- Tentativas de queda
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Golpes Sig. Por Posição
Golpes Sig. por área
Win by Method
Histórico do atleta
- Team Melendez on TUF 20
- Had 4-0 amateur record with two knockouts
- Pro since 2013
- Has won seven of her last nine
- Six wins by submission (4 RNC, flying armbar, Kimura), one by knockout
- Four first round finishes
- Flying armbar win over Kathina Catron in April of 2013 took just 12 seconds
- Pro debut was win over Emily Kagan
- Lone pre-UFC loss was via decision to Tecia Torres in July of 2013
- Fiancé is UFC vet Pat Barry
UFC 251 (7/12/20) Namajunas won a three round split decision over Jessica Andrade
UFC 237 (5/11/19) Namajunas was knocked out by Jessica Andrade at 2:58 of the second round, losing her UFC women’s strawweight title
UFC 223 (4/7/18) Namajunas won a five round unanimous decision over Joanna Jedrzejczyk to retain the UFC women’s strawweight title
UFC 217 (11/4/17) Namajunas stopped Joanna Jedrzejczyk via strikes at 3:03 of the first round to win the UFC women’s strawweight title
UFC on FOX (4/15/17) Namajunas submitted Michelle Waterson via rear naked choke at 2:47 of the second round
UFC 201 (7/30/16) Namajunas lost a three round split decision to Karolina Kowalkiewicz
UFC on FOX (4/16/16) Namajunas won a three round unanimous decision over Tecia Torres
UFC Fight Night (12/10/15) Namajunas submitted Paige VanZant via rear naked choke at 2:25 of the fifth round
UFC 192 (10/3/15) Namajunas submitted Angela Hill via rear naked choke at 2:47 of the first round
TUF 20 Finale (12/12/14) Namajunas was submitted by Carla Esparza via rear naked choke at 1:26 of the third round in a UFC strawweight title fight
The Ultimate Fighter, Season 20
On episode 12 (Semifinals) Namajunas submitted Randa Markos via Kimura at 2:45 of round one
On episode 11 (Quarterfinals), Namajunas submitted Joanne Calderwood via Kimura in round two
On episode seven, Namajunas submitted Alex Chambers via rear naked choke at 4:38 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? Martial arts has been a part of my life since I was five. I thought I'd might as well make a living doing something I love.
What ranks and titles have you held? UFC women’s strawweight champion, Black belt in karate and taekwondo, brown belt in jiu-jitsu and some medals at jiu-jitsu tournaments.
Do you have any heroes? My mom and my grandmothers
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? An opportunity of a lifetime.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked at Gillies Frozen Custard in high school
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Two Submission of the Night awards, one of them being a 12-second flying armbar that was Submission of the Year.
Favorite grappling technique: Any submissions
Favorite Striking technique: Left hook